About Me

My photo
Hi dolls! Welcome to my blog, my name is Katie & I love to read! Here you'll mainly find lots of book reviews & suggestions! Along with makeup tips, fashion finds, & a passion for photography & home décor!

Amore

Amore

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout

Summary: Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up. And then he opened his mouth. Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. The hot alien living next door marks me.You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.


Rating: ***** (5 Stars)
Review: So I just happened to stumble upon this book while browsing the good ole Barnes & Noble site. It was a recommendation to I Am Number 4 which by the way I read & liked. After reading the reviews on my iBooks app I decided I would give this one a try. The dialog in this book has got to be some of the best written. It's so current & hip that it's refreshing. It's not annoyingly so but the quirky spunky sayings & insults are hilarious. The first book Obsidian in this series focuses on a girl named Katy (andplusalso how cool is it that a lead characters name is mine?!) She's strong, independent, & determined. And it's sorta kinda way freaking awesome that she's a blogger & has a huge love for books, so I can relate! I really enjoyed the banter between Daemon & Katy, it made the romance part of it that much more interesting because you just itching for the two to just admit they like each other. The storyline is exciting, fun, & dangerous. The only thing about these books that I'm not a fan of are the covers, it's kind of lame and in all honestly probably detours people away from reading them. I'm all about a good book cover, & if it were up to me I would have went with something simple. But anyhow don't judge a book by it's cover & read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment