About Me

My photo
Hi dolls! Welcome to my blog, my name is Katie & I love to read! Here you'll mainly find lots of book reviews & suggestions! Along with makeup tips, fashion finds, & a passion for photography & home décor!

Amore

Amore

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Gone Girl By Gillian Flynn

Summary: On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne's fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick's clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented McMansion on the Mississippi River. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn't doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife's head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media--as well as Amy's fiercely doting parents--the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he's definitely bitter--but is he really a killer? As the cops close in, every couple in town is soon wondering how well they know the one that they love. With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick stands by his innocence. Trouble is, if Nick didn't do it, where is that beautiful wife? And what was in that silvery gift box hidden in the back of her bedroom closet?

Rating: **** (4 Stars)
Review: This book is huge right?! It seemed like everyone everywhere was or is reading this book. So after hearing from a few friends that I must read this book I started it at the end of summer 2012. A year later I finally finished it... That's how long it took me to get into this book. I would pick it up & read a couple of pages, sigh and put it down. I won't give up on a book no matter how awful it is, I will eventually finish it even if it takes a full year to do so. The beginning was torture for me to get through. If you can make it past the first half of the book you'll eventually be rewarded with the start of a good read. I can honestly say I never saw that plot twist coming. It's one of those moments where you sit there and think "oh my god you've got to be kidding me!" & "how in the world? why in the hell...?" I couldn't believe what direction Flynn was taking but it was a captivating one. It's shocking and crafty. So if you have patience to get through the first half of this book you'll like this book. I'm of course looking forward to the movie coming out October 3, 2014 with Ben Afflect starring at Nick Dunne & Roasmund Pike as Amy Dunne (fantastic casting) also you can't go wrong with Niel Patrick Harris & Tyler Perry either.

2 comments:

  1. It gets really good you just have to make it past the first half of this book, it starts off very slow but then it builds and ends up being this insane story that you just can't believe!

    ReplyDelete