About Me

My photo
Hi dolls! Welcome to my blog, my name is Katie & I love to read! Here you'll mainly find lots of book reviews & suggestions! Along with makeup tips, fashion finds, & a passion for photography & home décor!

Amore

Amore

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Nerdy Teenager At Heart

The title of this entry pretty much sums it up. I admit it, I mainly read books from the Young Adult section. I love fiction, I like that a book can make you use your imagination to create a whole other world filled with different places & people. A book that pushes beyond reality & makes you believe in something so different from anything you've ever known. Don't get me wrong I like non-fiction as well. Reading about history or someones life from their point of view is fantastic. Anything to expand the mind & enrich knowledge is amazing. I'm a huge sap for a good love story. Weather it's a movie or a book I've always loved a romantic story. On the total opposite scale of romance I also love a good mystery/thriller. Mix that all together for a suspenseful romance & that's my perfect book. I've found myself getting sucked into the world of the supernatural/paranormal. For some reason the classic girl falls for the mysterious boy who might kill her never gets old to me. One of my favorite series right now are the Touch Series by Laurie Stolarz. The first book in the series is Deadly Little Secret. It's got such an unexpected twist along with all the mystery that just keeps throwing you through loops. I've read 3 out of the 4 books & can't wait to read the next that I'm hoping I get for Christmas! What was the last book you read that you couldn't put down?
Speaking of Christmas I can't believe it's 11 days away! How insane is that? Is everyone ready? I usually am done with everything by now but with my husband working out of town & me doing all the shopping & wrapping & decorating I'm a bit behind on the wrapping part of it all along with a couple of last minute things I'll need to pick up. My sister & I are taking our kids to see Santa this weekend. Holden did really well last year so I'm not expecting the dreaded Christmas picture. My niece & nephew on the other hand I'm not too sure about... I'll have to post pics of that event for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment