About Me

My photo
Hi dolls! Welcome to my blog, my name is Katie & I love to read! Here you'll mainly find lots of book reviews & suggestions! Along with makeup tips, fashion finds, & a passion for photography & home décor!

Amore

Amore

Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Joy Of Motherhood

Motherhood is definitely the most fulfilling and challenging experience in a woman's life, it's the toughest but the most rewarding job. It's insane to think my baby is 5 years old which I guess doesn't make him a baby anymore, at least according to him. I thought the terrible two's or three's were bad, that's nothing compared to the attitude a 5 year old can posses. As a kid myself I admit I was full of attitude. Whenever I was giving my mom a hard time she always said 'when you get older and have a kid I hope they are just like you' and boy was she spot on. Don't get me wrong Holden is awesome. He's actually a really good kid & I'm lucky to have had a fairly easy time raising him. He's now able to understand sarcasm & has a tone to his voice if something doesn't go his way. Half the time it's hilarious to me and I want to laugh. There are times when he tries to be witty and makes no sense what so ever. The other day when I told him we were going to see Santa this weekend he was so excited but then got really serious and asked 'how long do I get to see Santa?' I explained to him you get to tell him about something you want and you get a picture with him. He tried telling me that simply would not do, he said 'mom I need like 20 minutes to talk to him.' And when I laughed he got a little mad at me. I told him we could write Santa a letter telling him everything he wanted to say, but he wasn't having any part of that then asked if we could just call him. I had to explain that Santa is so busy and wouldn't be home because he's working and he challenged me again asking why we couldn't just call his iPhone... As you can probably tell I'm trying not to laugh this entire conversation but it's just so darn cute. After getting through all of that I finally convinced him it would be fun to write a letter and draw some pictures. I love the way a 5 year old mind works.

Holden @ the Shedd in Chicago

Holden & my niece Trinity

2 comments:

  1. Aww. I can see why he needs 20 minutes because he likes alot of those toy commercials! Lol gotta love the mind of a 5 year old. Maybe Jim can get a beard and Santa hat and Holden can FaceTime him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg that'd be fantastic!! Haha he would love it! By the way I adore you for commenting!! You just made my day!! I'm so glad you took the time to read my thoughts! It means a lot!

    ReplyDelete