About Me

My photo
Hi dolls! Welcome to my blog, my name is Katie & I love to read! Here you'll mainly find lots of book reviews & suggestions! Along with makeup tips, fashion finds, & a passion for photography & home décor!

Amore

Amore

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wordless Wednesday


As I sit here listening to the Indie Station on Pandora I can't help but feel happy. It's my day off work (a nice break in the middle of a hectic week) & I have my marshmallow fireside candle lit (a Christmas gift from my little sister), wrapped up in a soft blanket chillin on my couch doing book reviews. It's such a simple day & the sun is shining (don't let that fool you it's 30* outside but I'll take that any day over the single digit temps we've had for weeks.) I always like to look for the positive in every thing. It's so easy to focus on the negative & complain or point out bad things but if you just take a step back and breathe, count your blessings you'll find a reason to smile even if it's just for the simplest things. That pic above is my very own bookshelf, yes it's jam packed and double rowed of books. I have a little bit of an issue letting go of books & if I could have it my way my bedroom walls would be lined with bookshelves. Ever need to borrow a book, just ask ;)


Speaking of bedrooms; these are a few of my favorite things in mine. As you can gather I'm a bit obsessed with candles from Bath & Body. They can be a tad pricey but I will always catch them on sale or have a coupon because let's face it paying $20 for one candle is mad! But they are my favorite, they are powerful & will make my whole house smell amazing. My absolute favorite is Fireside & Mahogany Teakwood but I also love the Flannel & Paris one as well.
 
This is from this past weekend: we went to an Icemen hockey game on behalf of my work event & celebrated my husbands birthday!
On a little more of a serious note prayers are needed for my sister Samantha who lost her grandfather last night. Heaven gained an angel & just know that you are loved by many!

1 comment: