About Me

My photo
Hi dolls! Welcome to my blog, my name is Katie & I love to read! Here you'll mainly find lots of book reviews & suggestions! Along with makeup tips, fashion finds, & a passion for photography & home décor!

Amore

Amore

Monday, February 24, 2014

Personalize This

So I love to do all sorts of crafts; that doesn't mean I'm a professional by any means but anytime I can personalize something is fantastic. My sister is having a baby soon & one of the items on her registry was my soon to be nephews initials from Babies R Us. I knew she didn't want just plain white ones because her walls are white so I thought I'd  head to the craft store and get them unfinished. Any craft store will have unfinished wood letters for around $4 for 9" which is how big I wanted mine to be. Be on the look out because places like Michael's, JoAnn's, & Hobby Lobby often have 30% off sales on unfinished wood items & if not they all always have 20%-40% off coupons!

 
I found a small bag of letters for around $1.99 to spell out my nephews name & just used wood glue to put them on. I then got little hooks and hammered them on the back and midnight blue ribbon to tie them so she can hang them on the wall. They match her theme perfectly!
Here is a picture of the H I did for Holden's room - I hot glued a little race car I got from Hobby Lobby {per the request of Holden} & just painted on some flames!

And last but not least I got this cardboard K {again from Hobby Lobby- can you tell it's my favorite store?!} - I left it unfinished because I like the look of it and glued on these paper flowers {I got them at Michael's for $1} I now have it sitting on my desk at work. These are fun & easy crafts that anyone can do - so grab some paint, glue, wall hooks, & ribbon to personalize any space of yours!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment