About Me

My photo
Hi dolls! Welcome to my blog, my name is Katie & I love to read! Here you'll mainly find lots of book reviews & suggestions! Along with makeup tips, fashion finds, & a passion for photography & home décor!

Amore

Amore

Monday, April 27, 2015

Guess Who's Back

Back again! Katie's back - tell a friend. Ok, I'm really sorry for the Eminem song reference. But it made me laugh. I can not seem to keep up with blogging - once I get going I am really awesome at it (not to toot my own horn but beep beep!) but once I hit a wall I forget it ever existed. I've read so many books since last year & want to do reviews on all of them but it's overwhelming. I also went on a few vacations I want to tell you all about but again overwhelming! So let's start off where I'm at currently and then we can flash back to cool specific moments that have happened over the past year. Right now I am stuck on my couch with some sort of evil sinus/head cold. It's gotten ahold of everyone in the Klueg household & ruined our weekend. Hopefully it'll subside soon - send some get well vibes our way! Apart from that were in the middle of redoing our home décor. Ever reach a point where you go into every single room of your house and suddenly hate it all?! Yup that's me right now. I don't know if it's because I'm approaching 30 (eeek!) and my tastes have changed or if I might be watching too much HGTV for my own good. My issue is keeping focus on one room. We started with the kitchen; got it painted and put new shelving up. Over the past couple of months I've been collecting pieces to go in there but I get easily distracted and move onto other projects. So the house is in a bit of a chaotic state right now. If you've ever seen the show Fixer Upper on HGTV with Joanna & Chip Gaines that would basically describe everything I am trying to obtain for our home. I love the rustic farmhouse look with a little bit of shabby chic cottage flair. We have gotten so many pieces of furniture to redo it's kind of ridiculous. But I'm extremely excited to start on those - I'm going to be giving chalk paint a try for many of those pieces. As I start I'll try and post before and after pictures. For now I will leave you with some of our recent completed projects:

Here's our living room before - we loved red obviously. 
And here we are after - it's so much more inviting. I made the curtains out of drop cloths & actually redid the green/yellow pillows that came with the couch. 
This was probably the easiest and cheapest project I've ever done. Picked up this window pane for $5 and printed some 8x10 pictures from Walgreens, with a coupon I maybe paid $7 total. My friend made the decal lettering for $16. 
And last but not least, my absolute favorite addition so far: 
The shelving in our kitchen is beyond perfect, thanks to my wonderful husband who basically did this project for me. It's beautiful and I sometimes catch myself walking by the kitchen just to see it! If you have any questions as to what materials we used, where we got any of the aboved pictured or how to's just let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment